It has been a very eventful week. I wanted to use today's blog to give everyone a status update of where we currently stand and what you need to have completed by today to make sure that the start of your school year goes as easy as possible.
First, thank you to everyone that logged in yesterday for the FAQ meeting. I hope that the meeting was informative and that you were able to get a lot of your COVID questions answered for the start of the new year. I will be adding a link to the website later today and will share that with everyone, likely via text message. Thank you for participating.
Remember that school starts on September 14th.
At this point, to be ready to go back to school on the 14th:
- You should have completed your course selection form: https://www.encorehighschool.com/copy-of-admissions
TODAY IS THE LAST DAY THIS FORM WILL BE ON THE WEBSITE.
- You should have checked the upcoming events and RSVPd for your device pickup day: https://www.encorehighschool.com/calendar
On device pickup day, you will also receive any novels and books that are needed for your classes.
- If you are 7th Grade, you should have RSVPd for 7th Grade Jump Start Orientation: https://www.encorehighschool.com/event-details/7th-grade-jump-start-orientation
This will be a virtual event that will help you get ready for your journey at Encore.
- All other new students should sign up for Virtual New Student Orientation: https://www.encorehighschool.com/event-details/high-school-new-student-orientation
- If you are a parent with technology questions, you should sign up for parent technology training: https://www.encorehighschool.com/event-details/parent-faq-technology-training
This training will give you tools to help in your child's education online.
When you subscribe to the blog, you will get daily updates of what is important and happening on campus. https://www.encorehighschool.com/blog
As of September 4, 2020 - Encore will be starting the school year via distance learning due to current county status for COVID-19. Complete information can be found at: https://www.encorehighschool.com/post/yesterday-s-governor-brief-and-what-it-means-big-changes
It is important to note that students are required to attend school every day, even though we will be distance learning. Next week, I will send out a blog on exactly how to make sure that your student is counted for attendance every day. Encore has a solid plan to make sure that everyone is supported through this unprecedented back to school time.
We are excited for a great year. Thank you for your ongoing support of youth arts and thank you for your ongoing support of Encore High School.
#creativefutures #thisisencore #encorehigschool #peteythepirate #future #CTEarts #artschool #indpendentstudy #highschool #juniorhighschool #homeschool #artsprograms #dancercareers #musiccareers #actingcareers #artcareers #circuscareers #innovativeeducation #backtoschool #digitalhighschool #nowenrolling #conservatory #virtuallife #academicplatform #overcovid
Denise Griffin, CEO is the author of this blog for Encore Education Corporation. Part of Encore Education Corporation is Encore High School, a free public performing arts regional high school in Southern California grades 7 - 12. Encore's program is currently taking applications for the fall 2020 enrollment. Encore offers full time, hybrid time, and independent study programs. Encore offers transporation from the Inland Empire and the high desert. www.encorehighschool.com. Where arts and academics grow together. WASC Accredited. Copyright 2020.